In the last six months, the world has changed — new urbanist, mixed-use spaces are being celebrated, streets are being given back to pedestrians and bicyclists, and urban density is under a microscope like never before.
There has never been a more important time to engage with other New Urbanists, inspire one another and explore new ideas together. And this year’s Virtual Summit is more affordable and accessible than ever.
Thank you to our Summit Sponsors. It is through your support that we are able to provide this opportunity to share knowledge among Urbanists and connect together.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR?
There are a variety of sponsorship opportunities to show your support and be recognized during the event. For more information about sponsorship levels and the benefits of becoming a sponsor, please click here. To make a sponsorship payment online, please click here.
A word from the Chair:
The Future of New Urbanism in a Virtual Gathering: CNU Florida Summit September 21 to 25
The Congress for the New Urbanism convened for the first time in a virtual gathering last June, focusing on how New Urbanists are adapting to new realities of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it is time for our annual CNU Florida Summit, September 21 to 25, 2020, hosted by our Tallahassee Regional Group. Please take this wonderful opportunity to focus on critical Florida-related issues of Urban and Transportation Design.
The preliminary Agenda includes items of special interest:
- Andres Duany discussing his latest thinking on New Urbanist responses to Covid-19;
- Victor Dover leading a Context Classification Workshop, where participants study and propose how to resolve Complete Streets implementation challenges using Context Classification Tools;
- Chuck Marohn, Strong Towns discussing how Florida cities and towns can better achieve economic stability and prosperity in these unprecedented times;
- Presentation of the Nolen Medal – the Chapter’s highest award.
- Unvacant Lot Design Competition with your team submitting plans to activate a lot of your choice!
CNU Florida has reduced Summit registration fees to as little as $50 for members and $25 for students, still with plentiful opportunities to hear from our movement’s brightest minds, obtain continuing education credits, and to socialize. With no hotel or travel costs, this is CNU Florida’s most affordable Summit ever.
In so many ways, New Urbanists can respond to the unprecedented challenges to our neighborhoods, towns, and cities across Florida. What better time to collaborate, share, and encourage one another as we lead the way?
Rick Geller, CNU Florida Chair
Winter Park, FL
Learn More About The Florida Chapter of CNUABOUT CNU